Went to an alphabet pot luck tonight where everyone signed up to bring a dish that started with a particular letter of the alphabet. Of all the dishes (and there were lots of yummy ones), this was my favorite. I decided to name it after my friend's sweet daughter that made it.
- add 3/4 cup butter (NOT margarine)
- add 1 dash imitation butter flavoring
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 18 cups mixed Golden Grahams cereal or Kix cereal or Chex cereal or Crispix cereal
- add 1 cup light Karo syrup
- add 1 pinch baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Melt together Karo syrup, sugar and butter in a large saucepan.Bring to a boil.
- Add butter flavoring and baking soda, mix.
- Pour over cereal mixture (use whatever quantities of cereal and nuts that you desire to make 18 cups).
- Spread on a large, flat cookie sheet and bake at 250°F for 25 minutes.Remove from oven and spread Chex mixture on waxed paper, separating cereal pieces.Let cool completely.