This is from the California Pizza Kitchen cookbook. The photo is pre-baking. Everyone loves this dip! It's a bit time consuming, but worth it. Don't let the long list of ingredients intimidate you!!!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 6 ounces artichoke bottoms
- add 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- add 3/4 cup sour cream
- add 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- add 2 crumbled bouillon cubes (optional if you want to make a vegetarian version)
- add 1/4 cup olive oil
- add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- add 3/4 cup diced white onions or yellow onions
- add 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 1 cup finely shredded monterey jack cheese
- add 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (vegetable works too!)
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- add 12 ounces frozen spinach
- add 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1.In a large saucepan, warm the olive oil and butter over medium heat.When butter has melted, add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 3-4 minutes.
- 2.Stir in garlic and cook 2-3 minutes longer, stirring frequently and stopping before onion and garlic start to brown.
- 3.Sprinkle the flour over and continue cooking, stirring continuously, until the mixture turns a golden-blond color, about 10-15 minutes.Slowly add the stock, whisking continuously until it is smoothly incorporated.
- 4.When the mixture begins to simmer, stir in the cream.Return to simmer.Remove from heat and add the Parmesan, bouillon cubes, lemon juice and sugar and stir until thoroughly blended.
- 5.Add the sour cream, spinach, artichoke bottoms, Monterey Jack and Tabasco sauce.Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and the cheese is melted.
- 6.Transfer to a warm serving bowl and serve immediately, accompanied by tortilla chips, pita chips or toasted baguette slices.
- I make mine the day before, refrigerate and then heat up in a 350* oven for about 30 minutes or until heated through.