I saw Paula Deen make these on television today. If you can't find party rye you can cut regular size bread into fourths. These can also be served at room temperature.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- add 1/2 (2 7/8 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- add 2 ounces canned mushroom stems and pieces
- add 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- add 1 loaf miniature party rye rounds or 8 ounces party pumpernickel bread
- In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, Parmesan, mushrooms, and onion rings. Spread on lightly toasted party rye or pumpernickel.
- Place the canapes on a baking sheet and broil until the topping is bubbly.