At the request of my lovely 12 year old daughter, I am posting these, one of her favorite foods. We searched for a recipe together and ended up adapting one to suit our tastes. Enjoy!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup jarred pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- add 1 cup vegetable oil
- add 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- add 1 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch strips (or you can use string cheese and cut each in half)
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/4 cup flour
- add 1 tablespoon milk
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Coat each piece of cheese with flour, then dip in egg and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Dip in egg and crumbs again.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook sticks for about a minute on each side, or until golden and before cheese starts to leak.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.