A fun twist on an old favorite. From the Chex Cereal company. Dry margarita mix is available in tubs at the supermarket near the drink mixes or at the liquor store.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 7 ounces instant dry margarita mix
- add 1 cup mixed nuts
- add 1 cup dried cranberries
- add 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- add 1/2 cup margarine or butter (not tub or spread product)
- add 2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- add 1 cup small pretzels
- add 3 cups Rice Chex
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- add 2 tablespoons tequila or lime juice
- add 4 cups Corn Chex
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Melt margarine in large roasting pan in oven.
- Stir in tequila, seasoned salt, red pepper and margarita mix.
- Stir in cereals, nuts and pretzels until evenly coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Stir in dried cranberries.
- Spread on paper towels to cool.
- Store in airtight container.