If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (1 1/2-lb) live lobster<br> 2 thick seedless cucumbers (usually plastic-wrapped; at least 1 3/4 inches in diameter), cut into 36 (1/4-inch-thick) slices<br> 2 tablespoons mayonnaise<br> 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice<br> 1 1/2 teaspoons mi
- Plunge lobster headfirst into a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water . Cook lobster, partially covered, over moderately high heat 9 minutes from time it enters water, then transfer with tongs to sink to cool.
- While lobster is cooling, cut each cucumber slice with scalloped cutter (if using), discarding trimmings. Whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice (to taste), jalapeño, salt, and a pinch of pepper.
- When lobster is cool, remove meat from claws, joints, and tail, discarding tomalley, roe, and shells. Cut meat into 1/4-inch pieces. Add lobster, mango, celery, onion, and cilantro to dressing and toss well.
- Top each cucumber round with 1 rounded teaspoon lobster salad.
- Cooks' notes:
- Instead of using scalloped cutter, you can simply peel cucumber before slicing.
- Lobster can be cooked and removed from shell 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Lobster salad can be made 6 hours ahead and chilled, covered.