This is my favorite way to prepare scallops. Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit ( October, 1981).
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 lb sea scallops, cut into 1 inch pieces or bay scallops
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add parsley sprigs (garnish) (optional)
- add lemon slices (garnish) (optional)
- add 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- add 1 pinch fresh oregano
- add 2-3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 pinch fresh tarragon
- add 1 pinch paprika
- add 1/2 lemon, juice of
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic, tarragon and oregano.
- Add scallops and season with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lemon juice over scallops and saute for 5 minutes or until scallops turn opaque.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add sherry cooking until there is almost no liquid in pan.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika, parsley and lemon slices.