Makes: Approx. 4 cups Prep: Cook:
We love soups and this one is a family favorite.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 Tbs. olive oil
- add 1 Tbs. butter
- add 6 strips bacon, sliced thin
- add 4 fresh mushrooms, chopped
- add 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- add 3 green onions, sliced thin
- add 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- add 1 can cream of potato soup
- add 1 soup can filled with milk
- add 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- add 1 Tbs. Sherry wine
- add 1 garlic clove, minced
- add pinch each of thyme and fennel
- add Salt and pepper to taste
- add 1 can good lump crab meat
- add (or 1/2 lb. fresh if you can get it)
- add Optional: fresh or frozen corn
- add parsley, dill weed or reserved bacon for garnish
- In heavy pan, cook bacon until crisp in the oil. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Add the butter to the pan, and place in the mushrooms, onions and celery and cook until softened about 5 minutes on med-low. Add back the bacon (save a few pieces for garnish if you wish)
- Add the potato soup, milk, broth and seasonings. Stir and cook on low heat about 10 minutes.
- Add the crab and heat through.
- Serve and enjoy!