Calories are cut by baking these mozzarella sticks instead of deep frying, but all the great flavor is still there!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 eggs
- add 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- add 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- add 4 teaspoons melted butter
- add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 tablespoon water
- add 3 tablespoons flour
- add 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Cut cheese in 1/2" x 1/2" x 3" sticks.
- Toss with flour and set aside.
- In small bowl, beat together eggs and water and set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Dip sticks in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- Repeat this process.
- Place on a plate in a single layer, cover with foil and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cheese sticks on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake until crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat a little spaghetti sauce to use for dipping.